Stone Success (Stone County Community Learning Center)
The Think Center, formally known as Stone Success, serves to link people and resources from school, home, and community to form an extended safe learning environment, which may enhance academic achievement and personal skills.
Afterschool Program Goals
- Provide academic assistance and extracurricular activities for students in the core content areas.
- Foster family and community engagement/involvement between our homes, schools, and community.
- Strenghten character education and positive behavior from school to home and home to community.
For more information, contact Sandy Danzey, Afterschool Program Coordinator at 601-528-5234.
Title IV, Part B – 21st Century Learning Centers
21st CCLC provides opportunities for communities to establish or expand activities in community learning centers that:
- Provide academic enrichment opportunities for children, particularly for students who attend high-poverty and low-performing schools, to meet state and local student standards in core academic subjects.
- Offer students a broad array of enrichment activities that can complement their regular academic programs.
- Offer literacy and other educational services to the families of participating children.
- Operate before or after school or any time the regular school day is not in session.
Community Notice Concerning 21st Century Learning Center Grant (Title IV)
The Stone County School Board accepted the five (5) year 21st Century Community Learning Center Grant for a total of $874,940.46. The grant will provide at-risk students with English Language Arts and Mathematics tutorial services based on current Teacher Support Team and district assessment data. The grant will also provide participants with enrichment, drop out prevention and character education activities. The services and programs will support the academic growth of our students.
21st CCLC Community Partners:
- Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College
- Mississippi State Extension Service
- Wiggins Police Department
- Stone County Sheriff’s Department
- Mississippi Coastal Plains Resources, Conservation and Development (MCP RC & D)
- Stone County EDP
The Think Center
The Think Center is a tuition paid service available to offer students a safe after school environment while providing homework assistance. Thank you to our numerous community partners for their continued support.
For more information, contact Sandy Danzey at 601-528-5234 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Think Center’s Tuition Rates
|Tuition||Tuition is $80.00 per month per child. Payments will be made for a total of 10 months (August-May). Payments are due on the first Monday or Tuesday of each month.|
|Time||Monday - Friday from 3:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.|
|Site||The program is housed on the Stone Middle School campus. Students from the elementary schools are bused to the after school program and parents pick them up at the end of the day.|
The program is designed to meet the needs of students in grades K-8. It will provide small group academic instruction by certified teachers, along with enrichment activities, computer opportunities, homework assistance, and recreational opportunities.